We are in the process of recruiting Digital Leaders at Holbeton Primary School!
What is a 'Digital Leader'?
A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school.
Interested children from years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will need to apply for the position. The team will then meet regularly each week.
Pupils are then given training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the Digital Leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new ICT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up ICT equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Blog as the School Journalist or Photographer.
- Train staff
- Create how-to video help guides.
We are looking for somebody who:
- is in Y3, Y4, Y5 or Y6
- loves technology and is good at using it
- is able to work independently and is a co-operative team player
- can help others learn
- is enthusiastic
- is patient
- is honest, trustworthy and reliable
What will you gain in return?
- Take part in Computing Club
- Get even better at using ICT
- Have the opportunity to teach others
- Share ideas and influence the future of computing at Holbeton Primary School
- Trial and evaluate new equipment
- Have fun!
How do I apply?
- Collect and fill in an application form from Mr Armley-Jones
- Hand back to Mr Armley-Jones by 3.30pm on Friday 20th September
- If selected, you will be given more information on your new role.